APGA Pipeline Consultants Group is a group of consultants, both individuals and companies, who are active in providing skills and expertise to the pipeline and gas industries. These members connect through this committee to represent the consulting sector while openly engaging in industry wide issues and opportunities.
The aim of the consultants group is to:
- Provide a forum for consultants to discuss common issues and identify actions to address them.
- Represent the interests of the consulting sector of the pipeline and gas industry and provide a single and united voice within APGA for issues raised by consultants.
- Promote understanding of the role and value of independent consultants to industry, including the expertise provided, the ability to provide unbiased advice and the ability to enhance knowledge sharing within industry and across industries.
- Promote the importance of attracting independent consultants to the industry and to provide adequate opportunities for them to practice and maintain the necessary competencies
- Promote consultant’s ability to deliver socially responsible outcomes by seeking their contribution to the positive environmental, social and governance needs of the Industry
- Foster collaboration with APGA committees and encourage consultant’s involvement with owners, contractors, pipeline research, the revision of Australian standards and innovation in the Industry.
- Establish a register of independent consultants and their areas of expertise to facilitate identification of suitable consultants.
Membership of the APGA Consultants Group is open to consultants, both individuals and companies, who are active in providing skills and expertise to the pipeline and gas industries and are members of the APGA.