The Call for Papers for the APGA Annual Convention and Exhibition is open until Friday 21 February 2021.
This Call for Papers includes a request for presentations covering major (or smaller) projects, opportunities and developments in the industry. Presentation topics can include, but are not restricted to:
- new and emerging technologies
- natural gas and energy policies
- gas markets
- international developments
- construction challenges
- coal seam gas
- water and slurry/waste transportation
- regulatory developments
- health and safety
- training and skills development
- operational and maintenance issues
- environmental issues
- technical regulation.
The APGA Annual Convention is an opportunity to present forward-thinking and practical ideas that stimulate discussion and debate and give guidance to the industry as it prepares for the future.
APGA is calling for papers from members and non-members to be submitted by Friday 21 February 2020. Papers should meet the following criteria in order to be considered by APGA’s 2020 Convention Papers Committee:
- Papers should be well researched and of interest to a broad audience.
- Papers should preferably focus on the issues outlined and fit within the theme of the Convention.
- All papers are to be presented and written in English.
- Presenters must be available for interview by the Papers Selection Committee should the Committee require further information.
- Papers should not focus on a particular product brand.
- Papers should not be advertorial.
- Preference will be given to APGA members if similar abstracts are received.
Presentations and written papers that are selected by the Papers Selection Committee are to be provided to Conference Co-ordinators by Friday 11 September 2020 to enable the timely circulation of the Convention papers and presentations to all delegates.
The abstract submission form must be forwarded to APGA by Friday 21 February 2020 with:
- An abstract of the paper (up to 400 words).
- Biographical data of all authors (up to 200 words each) and background information about the presenter must be provided for the Paper Selection Committee.
Successful presenters will be required to provide a photo with their biographical information by mid-August 2020.
All papers accepted will receive one 50 per cent discounted Early Bird delegate registration. Please note that additional presenters for a single paper will be required to register in full. Travel and accommodation expenses will not be paid by APGA. It is a condition that all speakers accepted through the Call for Papers will be required to provide an electronic version of the written paper.
Should the number of papers received exceed speaking opportunities, a selection of papers will be accepted on the basis of the overall theme, following the guidelines outlined above and their interest to a broad audience.